My Photo
Name:
Location: Buda, Texas, United States

Technologist, entrepreneur, writer, idealist, activist. A lot of things in our country and world are screwed up right now (government corruption is a prime example), and we can either just watch things get worse or tackle the problems head-on. We need to choose the latter path.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This Congressman is No Flake

Sometime last year I became aware of the efforts of Arizona Republican Congressman Jeff Flake to reform the out-of-control earmark process. Flake often says that earmarks are the "currency of corruption," and that's exactly what has happened in the Traffic.com scandal.

While Cong. Flake is undoubtedly more conservative than I (as a "progressive/independent") on some issues, every time I hear him talk about the waste and government shenanigans earmarks can cause I find myself nodding vigorously at what he's saying.

This morning while drinking my coffee and watching C-SPAN, I saw that the indefatigable Congressman was at it again, giving a very cogent "5-minute speech" on earmarks in the U.S. House chamber. Once I got in the office I called Cong. Flake's office and asked if they might make that a video of that presentation available on his website.

Just after lunch and -- voila -- an email message from Matt Specht, his Deputy Chief of Staff, with the URL for that speech on YouTube. Here it is.



Enjoy!

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home