My Photo
Name:
Location: Buda, Texas, United States

Technologist, entrepreneur, writer, idealist, activist. A lot of things in our country and world are screwed up right now (government corruption is a prime example), and we can either just watch things get worse or tackle the problems head-on. We need to choose the latter path.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

On the Right Track

This week I sent out about 300 more email messages about former Transportation Secretary Mineta's possible violation of the Ethics in Government Act to long-time contacts and friends in the intelligent transportation systems (ITS) field.

One friend responded with this note:

Good job. If he doesn't take you to court, you will know you are on the right track.

I'm definitely on the right track.

Back in 2005 John Collins, Traffic.com's Vice President, threatened to sue me for libel when I first challenged the Traffic.com scam on NTOC's Talking Operations Forum. I told him back then that he was of course free to sue me, but that might not be the smartest thing he's ever done because it was my understanding that the truth is an absolute defense against libel and slander. He didn't follow through.

The same concept applies now. If Mr. Mineta takes me to court now it will only open up Pandora's box and further expose the details of his involvement for all to see, and I have the truth to back me up -- everything that I alleged in my four white papers is based on fact and truth. The press would likely be all over a story about a recent Cabinet member suing a former contractor who has provided federal authorities with details about ongoing fraud and corruption in a major federal department. Just the news of such a lawsuit would likely spur investigative reporters to look further into the serious shenanigans that were and are going on within the USDOT.

I'm more than willing to take the heat. This scandal involves serious federal fraud and corruption by Mr. Mineta and his high-level collaborators. It needs to get exposed and shut down, because this is not the way our federal government should work.

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home