My Photo
Name:
Location: Buda, Texas, United States

Technologist, entrepreneur, writer, idealist, activist. A lot of things in our country and world are screwed up right now (government corruption is a prime example), and we can either just watch things get worse or tackle the problems head-on. We need to choose the latter path.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Press Coverage about the Traffic.com Scam

No sooner had I put out my "white paper" about the big ongoing scandal in the U.S. Dept. of Transportation than I found out about even more coverage about this scandal in the press -- in this case, the transportation-specific press.

Dan Rathbone, the Editor of the popular Urban Transportation Monitor, told me in an email message last Saturday that he featured this scam as the lead story in his October 26 issue:

Government Watchdog, Congressional Leaders Outraged That Fed Program Gives Unfair Advantage to Traffic.com

I'm also co-authoring an article about this scam that should appear in the December/January issue of the leading publication that covers the field I used to consult in, Traffic Technology International. My co-author Peter Samuel, an old buddy who's an Aussie with major cojones and a wicked sense of humor, has been involved in the "intelligent transportation systems" field almost as long as I have.

TTI likes the subject so much that they'll be featuring a shorter version of it on their blog. The Editor of that blog made the article available to me early (it will be available online on December 3), and here it is:

Traffic.com or Traffic.con?

Honestly, I'm truly amazed that this scam is still going on, with all the very negative -- and accurate -- press about it that's come out in the last six months or so.

To repeat my mantra: it's only a matter of time before the crooks get taken down.

And to my loyal readers: Happy Thanksgiving!

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home